Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A writer’s prayer

Every morning, I take my Bible to the Light

The wondrous things, You've written

I pray that I must see

The encouragement, the correction

And message spelled out for me.

My inner life

Is a strange mix

Of Your motivations and mine,

Please let me express

Only what’s in Your mind.

Every moment of my life, I want to stay within Your will

But sometimes, in my hastiness

I can't surrender and stay still.

In moments like those,

Please don't let my heart grow cold

Woven in every season

Of this weary life of mine,

Please help me find me a story,

That could touch someone in pain,

And bring Hope to those who complain.

Let me not compete

Because my competence comes from You.

You are the True Vine

In You, my words bear fruit.

Sometimes, when I’m exhausted

And though I see no gain,

Lord, please help me persevere,

Don’t let my labor go in vain.

Lord, teach me to be concise

Let my readers hear,

I want to talk to them,

With a voice,

That they hold dear.

There will come a day,

When the thoughts won’t come,

And my words go numb,

Please stay beside me then,

And take me Home…

2 comments:

  1. wow... beautiful! I pray that you continue to be a blessing for many more! :)
    "I (too) want to talk to them with a voice that they hold dear". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenifer....Let's all get together and shake the world up for Christ..:)

    ReplyDelete